Making the lower legs tight one should place both the feet on the either side of the anus. this is called vajrasana which brings success to the yogis.
NOTE: this can be considered a maditative posture. while
practising it for meditative purposes, one should close his eyes at the
- sit with legs extended together, hands by the side of the body, palm
resting on the ground, fingers of the hands together pointing
- fold the right leg at the knee and place the foot under the right
buttock. sole will remain inside.
- similarly folding the left foot, place it under the left buttock.
- hands resting on the respective things.
- Sit erect, gaze in front or close the eyes.
- while returning to the original position, bend a little towards
right side, take out your left leg and extend it.
- similarly extend your right leg and return to the original position.
- while sitting on the bent feet, the heels should remain out and toes
inside. soles upward.
- do not sit on the heels.
Benefits and limitations
- This strengthens thing muscles and calf muscles.
- Persons suffering arthritis pain from should not practice it.