This is a traditional posture. It can be viewed as first stage of viparitakarani-sarvangasaba-Halasana.
- Take supine position with legs together, hands together by the side
of the body. Palm resting on the ground.
- Raise both the legs together slowly up to 30 angel.
- After a few seconds, raise further up to 45 angel.
- After a few seconds, raise up to 60 degree angle and maintain it
there for few seconds.
- While returning, stop at 45° or 30° angle.
- Finally, bring both the legs on the ground.
- High pressure and stretching is felt on the lower abdomen , hence,
practice according to capacity.
- In the beginning take help of hands to raise the legs.
- While raising do not bend legs at the knees.
- This Asana is very beneficial for those suffering from diabetes,
constipation, indigestion and nervous weakness
- People suffering from lumbar spondilitis and muscle pull should
not practice it.