Throughout the practice become aware of the following:
- Stand erect with the feet about a metre apart.
- Turn the right foot to the right side.
- Stretch the arms sideways and raise them to shoulder level so that
they are in one straight line.
- Bend to the right, taking care not to bring the body forward.
- Simultaneously bend the right knee slightly.
- Place the right hand on the right foot, keeping the two arms in line
with each other.
- Turn the left palm froward.
- Look up at the left hand in the final position.
- Return to the upright position with the arms in a straight line.
- This completes one round.
- Practise 5 rounds.
Repeat the basic form, but instead of keeping the upper arm vertical in the final position, lower it over the ear until it is parallel to the floor with the palm facing down. Try not to bend forward but to keep the body in one vertical plane. Look up at the left hand. Slowly return to the starting position. Repeat on the left side.
- Stand with the feet one meter apart and the toes facing forward.
Gaze directly in front.
- Place the palms of the hands on each side of the waist with the
finger pointing downward.
- Breathing out, slowly bend to the right from the hips While sliding
the right hand down along the outside of the right thigh as far as is
- Do not strain and do not bend forward in an effort to achive the
final position in which the right hand reaches the foot.
- Flexibility will come with practice.
- Stay in the final position for a few seconds, holding the breath.
- Raise the trunk to the upright position while breathing in.
- Stand erect with the feet about a meter apart.
- While breathing in, raise the arms sideways to shoulder level. This
is the starting position.
- While breathing out, bend forward. twist the trunk to the left,
bringing the right hand to the left foot.