Tips of the Week
10 TIPS TO FRY FAT
- Set a personal weight-loss goal and write it down. Start with a goal
of losing about 10 percent of your current body weight.
- Keep a food diary for one week. Write down every thing you eat and
- Pay attention to what you are eating now and why. Identify the
sources of your personal "hidden" calories, such as eating your child's
- Substitute fat-free or low fat milk for whole milk, and save about
65 calories for each 200-ml serving.
- Watch nutrition labels: Products labeled "low fat" can still be high
- Include high-fibre foods, such as whole grains, fruits and
- Cut your favorite chocolate bar into bite size piece
- Identify the nonessential, high-calories foods you buy out of habit,
eg. cola, chips, cookies etc.
- Make extra amounts of your favorite low calorie food, eg. hearty
soups, and freeze individual portions.
- When eating out, consider having two low-calorie appetizers instead
of an entree.