Supta Pawanmuktasana (Leg Lock Pose)
METHOD (Stage 1)
- Lie in the base position.
- Bend the right knee and bring the thigh to chest.
- Interlock the fingers and clasp the hands on the shin just below the right knee.
- Keep the left leg straight and on the ground.
- Inhale deeply, filling the lungs as much as possible.
- Holding the breath, raise the head and shoulders off the ground and try to touch the rihgt knee with the nose.
- Remain in the final position for a few seconds, retaining the breath and counting mentally.
- While slowly exhaling, return to the base position.
- Relax the body.
- Repeat 3 times with the right leg and then 3 times with the left leg.
METHOD (Stage 2)
- Remain in the base position.
- Bend both knees and bring the thighs to the chest.
- Interlock the fingers and clasp the hands on the shin bones just below the knees.
- Inhale deeply.
- Holding the breath, raise the head and shoulders and try to place the nose in the space between the two knees.
- Hold the breath in the raised position for seconds, counting mentally.
- Slowly lower the head, shoulders and legs while breathing out.
- Practise this 3 times.
- It cures acidity Indigestion and Constipation.
- It is very good for all abdominal organs.
- Regular practice pavanamuktasana cures gastrointestinal problems.
- Helpful for those suffering from gas problems, acidity, arthritis pain, heart problems and waist pain.
- Strengthens back muscle and cures back pain.
- It gives flat stomach. Everyone should practice this asana for flat stomach.
- It is very beneficial for reproductive organ and for menstruation disorder.
This variation gives basically the same benefits as the main pose but has a more profound influence on the spine and pelvic region.