- Sit in any comfortable meditation posture.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Hold the teeth lightly together.
- Separate the lips, exposing the teeth.
- The tongue may be kept flat or folded aged against the soft
palate in khechari murda (refer to the section mudra).
- Breathe in slowly and deeply through the teeth.
- At the end of the inhalation, close the mouth, keeping the
tongue either flat or in khechari mudra.
- Breath out slowly through the nose in a controlled manner.
- This is one round.
- Practice 9 rounds.
As for sheetali pranayama.
As for sheetali pranayama with the additional advantage that it keeps the teeth and gums healthy
On the hissing sound.