It is a boon for diabetic patients to know about Manduk Asana or Frog Pose, where you sit in Vajrasana to allow the Asana to work on pancreas and activate it to control the glucose level in the body. This Asana also activates the Manipur Chakra and takes care of prolapsed abdomen. Blood Pressure patients should perform this Asana under supervision/ advice of medical practitioner.
- Sit in Vajrasana and keep your back straight.
- Make a fist of your hand with thumb inside.
- Now breathe in two times deeply and on the 3rd breath exhale and keep the fist exactly under the rib cage.
- Bend down towards thighs.
- Keep the breath held, and leave the shoulders relaxed.
- Keep the elbows loose and feel the gentle massage to abdominal organs due to the pressure of fist.
- Stay there till you can hold the breath.
- Slowly come up, release hands & breathe out normally.
- Repeat it 2-3 times incase of abnormal glucose levels.
- Massages the pancreas, liver and spleen with the pressure of the fists as you bend.
- Kindles the gastric fire and improves the digestion.
- Tones and regulates the functioning of the intestines.
- Releases the stiffness of the mid back.
- Tones the abdominal organs and muscles, increases the Pranic Shakti/ energy flow to the abdomen.
- Charges the Manipur chakra /solar plexus.
- Increases blood circulation in the abdomen, torso and brain.
- This Asana activates and balances the Mooladhara and Swadishthana chakra.
- ContraindicationAbdominal ulcer, cysts, menstruation, pregnancy, heart ailments, high blood pressure, hyper acidity, migraine, cervical spondilytis, frozen hip and knee joints.Variations
- For Prolapsed Uterus - Keep the fist under lower abdomen and bend.
- Stand on the knees and make a fist of your hands with thumb in.
- Lift the lower abdomen up on the top of the fist by keeping the fist at the joint of thigh or base of abdomen.
- Bend down to the thighs and stay there till you can keep the shoulders & elbows relaxed.
- Whenever you feel like slowly come up.
- Helps InDiabetes, obesity, weak digestion, loss of appetite, malfunctioning of liver, intestines and reproductive organs, prolapsed uterus/abdomen, loss of bladder control, obesity and stiffness of mid-back.
- Do not over pressurize the abdominal organs under the weight of the body and pressure of fist.
- Do not make the fist very tight.
- Do not hold tension in your shoulder, head and jaws.
- Do not practice in hyperacidity, full stomach, indigestion, dysentery and diarrhea.
- Normal Hand Position For Prolapsed Uterus.