KATI CHAKRA ASANA
- Stand erect.
- Make your feet apart 2 feet distance.
- Raise your right hand up to the shoulder level and then afte a little pause, make it above the head and then bend your standing body towards left.
- Pause there for some time.
- Repeat it with another hand.
- In a standing position, place your feet apart as much as the width of your shoulders.
- Keep your body well balanced on both your legs.
- Take a deep breath inward and now move your left hand to the back and place it on the right side of your hip.
- Your right hand should now come to rest on the shoulder of your left arm.
- Extend your gaze backward as much as possible.
- Continue in this posture for a while and breathe in and out normally.
- Return to your initial position after letting out your breath.
- The same sequence can now be done on your body on the other side.
- Improves the flexibility of the back.
- It works on and tones up your neck muscles and relieves the neck from any stiffness that it might experience.
- Daily practice of this pose will help in the treatment of menstrual problems as well as problems with the uterus and fallopian tubes.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
- Massages the abdominal visceral organs.
- Increases blood supply to the spinal muscles and nerves.
- Opens each and every vertebrae, removing stiffness in the spinal muscles.
- Kati Chakrasana pose is a yoga asana or exercise that aids much in the relief of constipation.
- Your backbone obtains suppleness and the muscles of your lower body are strengthened.