- Contracting the throat, the chin should be firmly placed on the
chest. this is known as Jalandhara bandha. the destroyer (greatest
enemy) of old age and (premature death).
- Sit in padamasana or in any comfertable meditative posture.
- Bend your neck a little forward.
- Slowly place firmly your chin on chest (jugukar knotch) so that when
you practise pranayama with kumbhaka air must not come out.
- while returning, slowly raise your chin and straighten your neck.
5 Times. Each for 09-10 Minutes. Later on increase the time up to 15-20 minutes maintaining the final position and reduce the repetitions.
- Practice it carefully under the guidance of a qualified teacher.
- In the beginning practice it for few seconds only.
DO NOT PERFORM IN DISEASES LIKE
- LUMBER SPONDYLITIS
- ABDOMINAL PROBLEMS
- INTESTINAL TB
- STOMACH ULCER
- ABDOMINAL HERNIA
- This bandha influences our vocal organs directly.
- Those having complaint of pain in neck or spondilitis should not