Herpes is one of the viral infection , there are two types of herpes virus that is herpes simplex virus and herpes zoster virus . herpes simplex virus is one of the common and very contagious and usually disease by this virus is called as herpes disease whereas ,herpes zoster virus comes under varicella zoster virus which is responsible for chickenpox and this herpes zoster results from reactivation of latent varicella zoster virus ,so in case of herpes zoster there will be history of chickenpox.it is characterized by unilateral (on one side of the body ) vesicular erruption with severe pain .
Now coming on to herpes disease which is caused by herpes simplex virus , herpes simplex virus produce variety of infection affecting skin mucosal surfaces and genital areas , aslo there is involvement of central nervous system.
Types Of HERPES:
There are two types of herpes simplex virus (HSV)-
Call Us Now! Quick Consultation
- 1. HSV1- it mainly causes blisters on skin , lips , oral mucosa .
Occurs in early childhood
- 2. HSV2 – it caues blister in genitalia like in crevix , vagina etc.
Occurs in ages 14-29
CAUSES OF HERPES –
It is highly contagious virus and can be transmitted from one person to another through direct contact even when the infected person is asymptomatic.
- it is transmitted through oral secreations and ulcers on skin
- by direct skin to skin contact with infected person like touching someone’s cheeks
- by kissing
- by sharing same utensils
- by using objects like razor , lipsticks , balms of infected person
- by weak immunity
- By any kind of skin injury and then skin contact with infected person
- Other viral illness
- Exposure to ultra-voilet rays
- it is transmitted sexually during unprotected sex
- having multiple sex partners
- weakened immunity due to AIDS
- triggered by mensturation
- any kind of injury
- it also spreads to child , if mother is infected by herpes and having genital sores then at the time of delievery the infection passes on to child.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF HERPES-
Initially the person infected by herpes are asymptomatic and during that phase the infected person can spread disease to other people. After 4-5 days symptoms appears
- fever and enlarged lymphnodes
- painfull blisters on skin
- Fluid filled blisters on oral mucosa
- inflammation of gums mucosa called gingivostomatitis
- pahryngitis that is inflmmation of pharynx
- sore throat
- ulcers on fingers and nails are also affected very painfull and itchy.
- painfull blisters and crust fromation on lips
- in severe cases it can involve symptoms of central nervous system ,
- if effected facial nerve which is supplying are face then it can cause facial paralysis
not the whole face but the side where lesion has occured .
- can also effect the eyes cause conjuctivitis , griity feelinf in the eyes , sharp pain and photophobia ( not able to bear light )
- painfull ulceration in genetalia in cervix , vaginal mucosa of female and penis in males.
- cluster of vesicles on buttocks , gentalia , pernium
- fever and malaise
- painfull urination
- tenderness in groins
- purulent vaginal discharge in females and penile discharge in males .
- burning sensation in the genital area
- pricking pain in genital area
- in sever conditions can cause meningitis ,and symptoms appears like headache , irritabilty , nausea , confusion , loss of appetite.
Sign and Symptoms Fir New Born Baby-
Infection when spreads to newborn baby from mother at the time of delievery then the sign and symptoms in baby are:
- appearance of blisters on skin , mucous membrane and eye after 1-2 week of delievery.
- Seizures can also occus if there is involvement of virus in brain this usually occurs after 2-3 weeks of delievery
- Other complications to child if untreated is sepsis and organ failure
HERPES FROM AYURVEDA POINT OF VIEW
According to ayurveda point of view , it is believed that our body is having three dosha that is -
Balanced state of these three dosha is very important for healthy being and vitiation of any of these dosha can cause various diseases .
Now in case of herpes , it can be correlated with the description of visarpa roga in ayurveda means disease which spreads all over the body.
It is believed that visarpa rog occurs due to vitiation of all three dosha .
It is having seven dhushya means seven things are affected here that are basically –
- vata dosha
- pitta dosha
- kapha dosha
- rakta (blood)
- lasika (lymph)
- twacha (skin)
- mamsa ( mucosa )
CAUSES AS PER AYURVEDA-
- Excessive intake of salt , hot , sour food items like achaar , spices like lahsun .
- Intake of khatta dahi in excess
- Eating pulses like kultha , maash in excess
- Due to injury
- Exposure to sun
it varies according to the dominant dosha
Vataj – anorexia , dizziness , pricking pain , colic pain , tremors , pain in bones , cloudiness of eyes , instanteneous blister formation with excessive pain ,.
Pittaj – fever , thirst , excessive burning sensation , giddiness , burning sensation while urination , blisters are filled with puruent fluid. Get suppurated very quickly.
Kaphaj – heaviness , laziness , anorexia , weakness , numbness , less painfull , blisters fluid is thick , blisters stay for long time .
In some cases there are mixed symptoms according to dosha predominance.
Home remedies for herpes
- Abstaining sexual intercouse with infected person
- Not sharing same objects with infected person
- Avoid taking excessive salt and spices
- Avoid achaar (pickles )
- Avoid sun expossure for long time
- avoid alcohol
- focus on good diet consume broccli , cabbage , sprouts, cauliflower etc,
- include barley , gram , wheat in diet also
- cold compression to reduce swelling
- Apply ghee on the uclers
- Gargles can aslo be done using ghee
- Sitz bath in tub can relieve from pain and itching
Ayurvedic treatment of herpes-
- Fasting (langhan) – it is a procedure in which person either completely avoid food or eat very less food . depending on procedure.
Reason behind it is to treat amaj condition ( when food is not digested properly ) and this will help in recovering from fever
- Raktmokshan (blood letting )
- All these to remove toxins from body
Other treatments are –
- Lepa (paste) – herbal paste is applied on the affected area externally few examples of formulation of lepa are saarivadi lepa , manjistha , chandan lepa , lodhra ,agru lepa ,
- Ghee is also having soothing and healing property and can be applied external
- kawal dharan can be done using ghee or medicinal herb for treating mouth ulcers
Some Herbal drugs like –
- Yashtimadhu - - it is having anti-inflammtory and healing properties .
- Haridra – its is anti-inflammatory , blood purifier , and helps in detoxifying also permotes healing.
- Haritaki – it is rich in anti –oxidants and provide immunity to the body ,found effective against HSV
- Neem – has blood purifying property
- Arjuna – there is one component in arjun plant that is casuarinin , which is having anti-viral property and is found to be effective against HSV.
- Ashwgandha –it is known as withania somnifera which contains withanoiled , having anti-viral property and is effective in HSV.
- Bhumi amla – it is also found be effective in herpes due to anti-viral properties specially against HSV2
- Chirayata – its extract also exhibit anti-viral property and found effective against HSV1
- Manjistha – it gives relief from blister pains and fever .
- Chandan – also exhibit anti-viral property inhibits HSV1.
Our Herpes Healer Kit
- AZ Derma - 90 capsules 1-1-1
- Caricuma Plus 60 capsules 1-0-1
- AZ Tiktan 90 capsules 1-1-1
- Kamdudha Ras Moti 90 tablets 1-1-1 or Immuno Plus 60 1-0-1
There are many more herbal plants that are found to be very effective against herpes, visarpa rog and those drugs are formulated in different forms that is either in the form of ghee like mahatikta ghrita , panchtikta ghrita etc , decoction (kwath) , syrups , powder or tablets .
HERPES Healer Kit
Our Price : $140/-