This is a basic yoga pose and it has very very useful in all type of acute and chronic problems specially related with back pain.
- Turn over on the stomach and place the hands on the floor beside
the pectoral muscles.
- Place the hands, palms down, under the shoulders on the floor.
Inhaling, without lifting the navel from the floor, raise the chest and
head, arching the back. Obtain as complete a stretching of the body as
- Retain the breath, then exhale while slowly lowering to the floor.
Rest, then repeat two to seven times. You will note that this pose
complements the Shoulder Stand and provides stretch to the spine in the
3 times . Each for 15 to 20 sec. Later on increase time up to 1 minute. After that reduce the repetitions and increase the time in each set.
- Not recommended if you are suffering from peptic ulcer, hernia or hyperthyroid.When bending the body backwards, be sure not to make any violent jerks, as this may injure rigid muscles. In case of recent surgeries we should not perform this asana. in time of menstrual problem, we should avoid performing this asana.
- Affects the adrenal glands, sending them a richer supply of
- Tones ovaries, uterus and liver.
- Muscles of the back, abdomen and entire upper body are
strengthened by the practice of the Cobra Pose.
- Aids in relief and elimination of menstrual irregularities.
- Relieves constipation.
- Limbers spine.
- People suffering from gas after meals will find this pose very
- Excellent for slipped discs. It adjusts displacements in the
spinal column and tones the sympathetic nerves.
- Beneficial for back ache due to overwork or long hours of