Alcoholism | Home Remedies
- Consume large quantities of fresh fruits for the first thirty days
of treatment, particularly dates, grapes, and apples to limit desires.
- Increase daily exercise by at least thirty minutes.
- Mix four ounces of water with an equal amount of celery juice each
day for the first month.
- Find a pleasurable distraction that will keep the attention off of
alcohol for ten or fifteen minutes to allow the cravings to pass.
- Arrange for a friend to be a rescue buddy who will come whenever you
feel the urge to drink is too much to handle alone.
Curing Drug Addiction with Home Remedies
- Increase foods containing vitamin B6 such as nuts, whole grains, and
- Take a daily supplemental vitamin capsule.
- Practice deep breathing when cravings are overpowering.
Curing Smoking Habits with Natural Remedies
- Mix an ounce of cream of tartar into a glass of juice and drink
nightly to reduce tobacco cravings.
- Keep a straw or toothpick in the hand to break the habit of lifting
the cigarette to the mouth.
- Chew gum, whole cloves, or jelly beans as an alternative to smoking.
- Take three capsules of fish oil three times daily as you begin a
smoking cessation program.