Maha Bandha (The great lock)
- Sit in siddha/siddha yoni asana or padmasana with the hands on the
- The spine should be erect and the head straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply through the nose.
- Exhale forcefully and completely through the mouth.
- Retain the breath outside.
- successively perform jalandhara, uddiyana and moola bandhas in this
- Hold the bhandhas and the breath for as long as is comfortable
- Physical- After performing the bandhas rotate the consciouness
through the perineal, abdominal and throat regions in turn.
- Spiritual- After performing the bandhas, rotate the consciousness
through mooladhara, manipura and vishuddhi chakras in turn.
- Maha bandha gives the benefits of all three bhandhas.
- It affects the hormonal secretions of the pineal gland and
regulates the entire endocrine system.